Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving and the tree



Brett and I went to Idaho for Thanksgiving, we had a really good time. We went to his grandparent's house for dinner. I thought I would be awesome and make some rolls for the dinner. Let me first say, I am usually an awesome baker and cook, but I RUINED these rolls. Not sure how it happened, but they SUCKED! I followed the recipe exactly, but they were awful. I was so embarrassed. Well, I was more embarrassed when my brother-in-law later mentioned that his fiance works at the Lion House Bakery and makes these very same rolls every day. Then I felt slightly mortified. Oh well, I tried!




The day after, we went to cut down a tree in the mountains. It was freezing! Brett had put all my snow gear in the car and we were ready to go. Then we realized we were taking a different car, so I asked Brett to put my stuff in the new car. He said he did, so off we went. Yeah well, he didn't put my snow gear in the new car. So there I was in my jeans and Uggs, trying to climb a mountain to find the perfect tree. If any of you have ever owned a pair of Uggs, you know that they have zero traction, so I kept slipping and falling all over the place. It was actually kind of funny.

No comments: