Thursday, October 7, 2010

Special case


{This will be me shortly}

Today I went to the doctor for my almost 29 week apt. I've been having contractions since last Tuesday and today she gave me the bad news. I can't work out anymore. This is one step away from bedrest people! When I asked her if she realized how much weight I was going to gain if I didn't work out, she said, "Well I can give you the medicine you were on last time and hope that works, but it might not." This isn't the magnesium sulfate, it's the medicine you take at home, every 3 hours or something. When I got out of the hospital the first time, I had to take this medicine. I had to set an egg timer for 3 hours, even throughout the night! It was irritating to say the least. So, long story short, I'm gonna get fat. Really fat. But the baby will hopefully stay put. She also said that I'm a special case and she now wants to see me every 2 weeks to "keep a close eye on me." Why am I a special case?! And why doesn't my overactive uterus want to keep babies in it longer than 30 weeks?!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I hope that baby stays put for sure!!! yeah ending the working out sounds like a good alternative to all the other stuff especially the possibiliy of a premature delivery--much better if he can finish growing right inside :) I hope you don't need bedrest but, if you do it will STILL be worth it. Just a few more weeks for a healthy little guy!. You're getting closer everyday!

BLADERUNNER said...

How dare you use a picture of me without my consent!

Scott Shirley said...

Can't wait to see that little boy! I'm so excited for you, so you just calm down and do what the authorities tell you to do. Don't worry, be happy! Love, Ma Shirley