Tuesday, May 22, 2012

You are my Sunshine

A few months ago, we took away Gwen's binky. She actually threw it in the trash herself. Ever since then she's had a very hard time getting to sleep at night. She used to go right down without any trouble. Now it's a few hour ordeal.

First it starts with brushing her teeth and going potty. Next, we have to read her a book and say prayers. This is how it used to go... since the binky has left the building we have added a few extra steps. Now I have to rock her in my arms and sing to her. I start with You are my Sunshine, throw in a little I am a Child of God and end with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and maybe even a dash of Rock a by Baby. Then she lays down, we close the door and are done with it. Until the last few weeks she has started coming out of her room every 5 minutes or so for at least an hour. Sometimes 2 hours.

This week things have changed again. Now she requires that her door be left open and her lamp be left on. That help keep her in her room for 2 days and the coming out every 5 minutes started up again.

Tonight, after I put her down for the fourth time I heard her singing all of "our" songs. She drives me insane most of the time, but hearing her little voice sing I am a Child of God...? COME ON!!!

And now she is screaming because she has to go to bed.... the magic is gone.

No comments: