Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No more tears...


I often complain, that I can't go to the gym because I have to do this or that or I'm too tired, etc. etc., and it really has an effect on my weight loss (which has slightly stalled in the last few months). Today I found this quote that kind of kicked my butt into gear.

“Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the MIND run the body. Never let the body tell the MIND what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired, in the morning, noon and night. But the body is never tired if the MIND is not tired.”

- George S Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

AND

“Someone busier than you are is running right now.” –Nike

I also decided last week that I am going to run a half marathon, in Vegas! On December 2, come rain or shine, I will be running or walking 13 miles in my very first half marathon!! It might kill me, but I'm doing it!! I can't wait. If anyone else wants to join in, you can!!

http://www.lvmarathon.com/Half_Marathon.284.0.html

1 comment:

Adora said...

Hi Tara,
I found your blog thru the Christmas Challenge links. Just wanted to say good luck! And I love these two quotes from Patton & Nike! I am run/walking my first 5k today, so thanks for the inspiration!

also...LOVE the puppy! There are a few Bostons in our family. Great dogs!