Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lightning stike!

Yesterday afternoon, here in Utah there was a a pretty big rain storm. I didn't think it was that bad and it really only lasted about 15 minutes, so I thought nothing of it. As I was leaving work, I looked at my phone for the first time all day and noticed I had NINE missed calls. I immediately knew something was wrong. I listened to my messages and found that my brother's house had been hit by lightning and was on fire! I rushed up there to see if I could help with anything and this is what I found...









































This is where the lighting hit and then the fire spread through the attic and roof.
















Everyone was OK, they were in the house at the time, when the neighbors came pounding on their door yelling for them to get out. They all got out, but they can't live in the house until it's fixed. Surprisingly most of their possessions survived too.

2 comments:

OmaandPops said...

OmaandPops (09/06/07)
Steven and Alyssa demonstrate continued courage and faith in the face of significant negatives. They are an example of looking to life's knocking off each stoney edge with positive, enduring faith. We thank them for their example.

katieo said...

Holy Crap! That's so amazing that no one got hurt!

(btw, thanks for the aerobics tip, I think I might try to go next wed. morning to get a "closeup" of Lilo! lol!)