Thursday, June 26, 2008

Con-GRAD-ulations Dr. Dad!!








My dad is a GENIUS! This last weekend Brett and I went home to California to celebrate my dad's graduation from Pepperdine University. He received his Doctorate degree!! It was from the school of Education and Psychology in Organization Change. He was the oldest student they have ever had (In that program). Which he may not like having me point out, but I think it's pretty cool. The day was gorgeous, even if it was 100 degrees, without any form of shade to hide in. The graduation took place on the grass hill over looking the beach. Pretty amazing! He looked so smart in his robes, even if he was sweating his bum off in all that black. We are all so proud of him!!! My mom started to cry when he walked out, it was funny.

Almost the whole family was there. Dana couldn't make it cause she had to go to girl's camp. Alyssa and the kids couldn't come either, and Jenny and Jeff had to work, but it was great to see everyone else there to support Dad.

We had a great time! Thanks Mom and Dad! We love you!!

On Sunday we hung out with Brett's cousin Kimball. He's cool. And his girlfriend is from Thousand Oaks! And she knows some of my old friends and my sister in law, Ashleigh's family. What a small world. Well, I guess it's not that small when you're a Mormon from Southern California. There really aren't that many of us. HA!

P.S. Just to be fair, Brett's dad is almost a genius too. He just has to finish his dissertation and then it will be official.

2 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Um...all this going to California and supporting your family business is nice and all, but I'm glad you're back in the office! Yes! Congratulations Tara's dad for graduating!

Anna said...

Doctor, doctor! Yahoo! Good job Dr. Dehart.