Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Developments

Look what Brett has been doing for the past few weeks!


If you can't tell what it is, we took the carpet from the living room, and moved it up into the bedroom. Then we bought new wood flooring for the living room, kitchen and bathroom. It took Brett a few days to get all the linoleum up in the kitchen and the entry (there were THREE layers that were glued down with some magically strong glue!) But this weekend, he was able to lay the wood in the entry and living room. Hopefully the kitchen and bathroom will be done later this week. It looks amazing!! He did such a great job, I really shouldn't ever doubt his ability, cause he always does an awesome job!

Yes, it's totally dusty, I will have to get some swiffer pads to keep it clean!

11 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

YES! It looks beautiful. Congratulations!

Scott Shirley said...

Tara, it looks awesome, I can't wait to see it in person! Kiss the carpenter for me. Love, Ma Shirley

Anna said...

It looks great!

Megan Zurcher said...

wow, I really need to come and visit. I love how Stella finds the floor comfortable enough to sleep on.

Alley said...

Looks great! I need to come see it in person.

Tara Shirley said...

YES, you all need to come see it in person! It's much prettier in real life!

FLYING SQUIRREL said...

Oh Brett the guy you hired. I thouht you were talking about my brother.

Bobcat said...

It looks so awesome!! And so much bigger. What a great thing to have done!

Nicole said...

the floor looks awesome! don't know what it looked like before, but it sure looks great now! i loved to see all of your hiking photos and stuff! so cool! it's making me a little stir crazy to get out and play...hiking is something we've talked about doing for years...3 kids later and quite a bit of feeling overwhelmed and we still haven't gone. i think i need to make that happen soon. hmm...
well, congrats to your husband for graduating! that's awesome! fun to see a pix of your mom...not to mention you! still as cute as you ever were! ;) take care!
nici

KHodges said...

The footprints are the best part of the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Ooh soo shiny!

I'm jealous!