Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oma and Pops


My mom came to help us out for the first 2 weeks of Gwenyth's life. My dad came to pick her up last Friday and they both left on Sunday. It was such a great help to have my mom here and it was fun to see them both with Gwen. Yesterday was my first day alone with the baby... it was HARD. I was exhausted by the time Brett got home and could barely wake up to feed her throughout the night. Today went better, but I sure wish my mom could move to Utah and live with us, at least until Gwen is old enough to sleep through the night. Probably that won't happen, but a girl can dream!

I walked into the room the other night to see this. She was just relaxing, watching some tv. I think her daddy may have helped her get into this position.

3 comments:

The Youngs said...

Gwen is just too cute I can't wait till she is ready to come for a work visit. I know what you mean about your mom leaving. I was a wreck when mine left it is really hard to start taking care of a newborn on your own. I promise it gets easier and eventually you won't feel so tired.

Anna said...

I miss your mom for you.

I love baby Gwen.

Video call me.

Bye.

Scott Shirley said...

I hope there is room for another grandma in the picture. I can't wait to see her! Love, GMa Shirley