Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gardens and such





This year Brett and I wanted something more than trying to grow veggies in pots on our patio, so we decided to buy a plot in the community garden. We finally had time to plant it. We were both a little hesitant to get started because it's a large space and the people in charge of it seemed to be very intense about the whole thing. So we just had to dive right in. We took both the girls and had a delightful day gardening. We planted corn, peas, watermelon, cucumbers, onions, green peppers, garlic, pumpkins and tomatoes. I think we are still going to plant some potatoes too. Hopefully we will have a huge harvest to share!

Sunday was also my very first Mother's Day. It was quite uneventful. I am so grateful to have our little girl. She's absolutely perfect and makes life so much more fun. Notice her little skirt, so freaking cute!!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love that you guys get to have a garden! Yay!

I love Gwen.

The Youngs said...

The Garden thing is a good idea. Gwen looks so cute in her little skirt.

FLYING SQUIRREL said...

I miss gardens. I grew up playing with my tractors in the garden. Lucky!