Sunday, September 13, 2009

I love....


These old people.


This house.
Yes that is a "For Sale" sign in my parent's yard.


This place.


This view.


This girl.


This boy.
On his 30th birthday.

Our trip to CA was so fun. We spent time at the beach and just hanging out at home. This might be the last trip I have to my childhood home. Hopefully my parents will be able to sell the house and move to Utah to be closer. It's bitter sweet, really. Sweet that they will be closer, bitter that my home and memories in that home will be just memories. The sweet out weighs the bitter. I think.

6 comments:

The Youngs said...

I loved this post.

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Gwen really is so cute! Happy Birthday Brett :)

Nicole said...

i have been missing cali SO MUCH this year! i hear you about the bitter. i miss going "home" to visit. but having them close means they know my children...and my children KNOW them...the sweet definitely outweighs the bitter. maybe our problem is WE aren't in cali...not that they aren't here! haha! gwen is just getting cuter and cuter!! hope your husband had a great birthday! fun to hear from you!;)

Anna said...

Oh that is so bittersweet. I would feel the same way about my parents selling my childhood home. But, your parents being closer would be so great. And, cute Gwen is irresistible. Obviously.

And that picture of Gwen on the beach. Should be on the cover of a magazine. Seriously.

JAZZMAN said...

You won't miss much. Utah's much better.

Unknown said...

I love the picture with Gwen on the beach, ha! Did she get to play in the sand? I can't imagine what Addie would do, other than trying to eat the sand of course.