Thursday, August 12, 2010

My poor little buddy


My little cockatiel, Teil, died last night. He was 18 years old. I have had him since I was a wee lad. He's been sick for a few months now, so I was hoping for him to go soon so he wouldn't have to be in pain anymore, but it is still so sad. I came home from work last night to find him, and then cried all night. Miranda, the green one, isn't sure how to act. Last night he was being funny and talking a lot more than usual. But this morning, he was screaming like he does when he's mad. All morning long. He's sad. I'm sad. I loved that little birdie, but Brett assures me that I will see him again and that he will be mine on the flip side.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

We just buried Sherman (our Guppy) and Freddy (a little frog). I was sad but Grant didn't take it too hard. He was more interested in the burial part - which is a shallow grave in our flower bed. Sorry for the loss. In all seriousness, I remember seeing a pet-casket store near where you used to live, if you so desire.

Anna said...

Oh sad! I know I get bummed even when our little frog and fish died and we've only known them for a few short months. Sorry, dear. 18 years though - what a rock star!

Alley said...

I am SO sorry. That makes me so sad. Sorry :(

Alyssa said...

So sorry about Teil. He was such a stample companion in your life. I hope Miranda and you recover from the heartache soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Kids,

I'm so sad to hear you lost Teil; you had her a long time and she lived a great life. Maddie My dog lost her best Friend this weekend. She just sits in my neighbors doorway and crys wanting her best friend to come out to play. i wish we could talk to our animals and tell them it will be OK. I'm glad you still have Maranda, she was my first Pet and loved him so very much. I know he will miss teil just as much as you.
Love you,
Scarlette