Monday, January 14, 2008

Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep...

Friday was my last day at Fluid. I've worked there for 2 years and really didn't think I was that attached. Yeah, I was wrong, WAY wrong. All week I didn't have much to do at work, and by much, I mean I had NOTHING to do. So when Friday came, I wasn't feeling too sad about leaving. I was feeling completely useless, so I was ready to move on. Well then Friday afternoon hit, 4.45 pm to be exact and people started leaving the office for the weekend. As they came up to me to say goodbye, the reality of the situation hit me. I was leaving Fluid. It wasn't just a long weekend or a short vacation, I was done. That was my last day with the people I had grown to love dearly. I know that sounds weird, but I really bond with the people I work with. I have to in order to have a happy day at work. That's just the type of person I am. So I had to erase all the personal stuff on my beautiful computer, all the emails I had saved because they were so funny. I got rid of everything and then it was time to say goodbye. Then the tears started. I didn't expect them to hit so fiercely. But they did. It started slowly but by the time I walked down the stairs and hugged my last friend goodbye, I was basically sobbing. I cried all night long and could start to cry a little right now.

Today was the first day of my new job. I wasn't nervous because I know quite a few people there, but as I sat at my stupidly slow, out of date G4, I kept thinking, "OK, I'm ready to go home now, I'm done visiting." (And by home I mean Fluid) I really felt like I was just visiting for the day, it was so weird. They all took me out to lunch to welcome me and we went to a place just a block away from Fluid, as we drove by my old office I wanted them to stop the car so I could go tell all my friends about my new place, but I didn't. I did see that one of my old co-worker friends had already taken my parking spot. HA! But my new job is great. The people are awesome and the work seems like it will be fun.

I didn't get to go to the Maverick with my girls today either. So I went by myself after work. It wasn't as fun. So this ones for you CMYK's! Can't wait for next month!


2 comments:

Reade said...

oh tara!! my words of wisdom, when one door closes another opens! i sound like my mom.

i'm sure you'll end up loving it there - you are one to learn to love just about anything.

enjoy yourself lady.

A said...

Oh Tar-Bear! But now you can talk to me ALL DAY LONG at work! WOOT!