Thursday, January 24, 2008

Inheritance Money from South Africa

I'm sure all of you have been getting emails from Africa promising millions of dollars. If you are like me, you get one of these about every month. I remember the first one I got. It said that a baron sharing my family name has died and left $26 mill to no next of kin. I kept asking for the death certificate, to which I never received, and the responses kept getting more and more irate...as much as possible for someone that barely speaks english.

Since then, I've decided I have to reply to all of these I get, and I can't be the one to end the conversation. I always have to reply. On that philosophy, the next correspondence went something like this--


I received the initial email and responded by saying, "Sounds great. Send me the money and I'll make sure you don't get any of it. You don't have my trust."

Much like the first email, the second prepared response told me not to notify the bank. That's when it got interesting. I responded by saying:

"No, let's do it this way. I work at a bank and am very familiar with American laws. If you give me your bank account, I can withdraw funds in small amounts that will avoid detection by the IRS and keep it from being taxed. Please give me your bank account number. Also, the bank monitors my email and are already aware of this situation."

They responded by telling me to set up a different email account that cannot be monitored. I replied by saying that American laws won't let us have more than one email address.


Well, it happened again. I got another message. It must be the same people because the email was exactly the same. This one is ongoing, but I'll try to stay on top of it.

This time, I responded by saying, "What a surprise! I have an uncle in Ghana that just died and is leaving me $26 mill. I'll make alot of money with $36 mill you have waiting for me!"
Again, the response was the same. But this time, I emailed him some information with a promise he could trust me:

Bank Name: Swindlers Union
Address of the Bank: 123 Fake Street
A/C No: 7
A/C Name: Checking
Swift code: 458326197289352891547322135695472167562
State and Country: Texas
Your Age: 45
Occupation: FBI Agent
Your telephone number: 745.983.7216



I'm very anxious for the response.

2 comments:

Megan Zurcher said...

That's funny. I don't think I've every gotten one of those emails, although if I don't recognize the address I delete it right away without reading the subject line. Maybe I should pay more attention.

Alley said...

When you get your money, can I have a cut?