Friday, August 1, 2008

10 reason why I love Idaho

This has been a crazy month. We've done a lot, hence the trouble with posting. Let's start with the post I had planned a month ago. For the 4th of July we went to Idaho to visit Brett's parents. On the way we saw an amazing site that inspired this whole post.

Let us start with reason number 1 as to why I love Idaho.

#1. You see this while on the road driving TO Idaho. Enough said.

Do you need a closer shot? Here you go.

It's a truck, carrying a bronze statue of an elk (Brett corrected me when I said it was a moose, I guess those are things you learn when you grow up in Idaho). Hmmmm....

#2. Idaho is freaking gorgeous! Brett's parents live in Rexburg and they have a large field in front of their house. So this is the view we get to look at. Beautiful!

#3. July 4th parade down Main in Rexburg... nothing funnier. The parade lasted what seemed to be 4 hours, in 400 degree weather. And it consisted of teenagers pushing shopping carts with no signs or costumes. 15 different dance studios with little kids on the back of flatbed trucks, standing around, looking aimlessly at the crowd, NOT dancing. And tractors. Of course there were tractors.


Oh and let's not forget the small children whose parents allow them to run into the street for the candy these "floats" throw out. Never mind the large tractors and tanks and other vehicles that are driving down the parade route.


#4. The women that were next to us while watching this horrible parade. Great hair, great clothes, great legs, great attitude! I wish I had been able to get a better picture of these women, but look closely, you'll get the idea.


#5. My mother in law does a great job of landscaping her yard. The flowers were gorgeous.


#6. We get to bring Stella with us and she loves to run free in their yard and experience all the different thing they have there. This visit she rolled in some cow manure, which was a treat for everyone. Especially since I picked her up BEFORE I realized that she had rolled in it and it got all over my shirt and arms and hands.


And as a result of her rolling in crap, she got to take a dip in the canal. She hated it. I thought it was funny.


#7. Brett has so much fun, especially in the summer when the trampoline is up. He's such a little acrobat.


Stella didn't love the tramp either.


#8. The 4th of July rodeo. It sucked. But it was packed! But we had giant scones with honey butter, making the $8 each to get in and the $6 for the scones, totally worth it!


#9. The fireworks after the rodeo. They sucked. They might as well have been throwing snaps on the ground.


#10. JARED!! He just moved back and we're hoping he stays forever! (Or moves down here to Utah)


And of course, we love to see our family there! But I didn't have any photos of them this time, so they didn't make a number, sorry guys.

5 comments:

Ann said...

It actually sounds like you came to visit Payson.

Ah, Payson...

Megan Zurcher said...

I don't understand #4. Am I an idiot?

Tara Shirley said...

Uh, Zurcher, did you look at the photo? Did you notice the obscenely short shorts on one woman. And then they both had 1980's hair.... do you get it now? The picture really doesn't do them justice, and there was 1 more that kept yelling over me to her small child that was running in front of the tractors. I was being mean, I'm a jerk.

KHodges said...

i love the 3rd pic of brett...well taken. chicken also is not a fan of of trampolines, which makes it that much more fun for us when we make her go up on with us.

Nicole said...

don't you just LOVE idaho! went to ricks. loved it. some things just crack me up! ok, so you want to see some gorgeous bronze? check out my in-law's web page. they have an elk just like the one you saw, only it's probably even better. not that i'm biased, though ;P fuentessculpture.com oh, and if you want something feel free to let me know. :)