Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WHAT A BIRTHDAY!!!!


Yesterday was a very special day - it was Tara's birthday! She didn't have any presents to open yesterday but that's my fault. Not because I didn't have any presents for her, but because I made the mistake of buying early. Whenever I buy early, I get so excited to give them to her that she inevitably opens her presents early.

This birthday was a little different from her birthdays in the past, thanks to the little bun in the oven. I'm learning alot about what pregnancy can do to the human body and how it can interfere with celebrations.

Pregnant women know how to be specific. They are never really in the mood for whatever. So, for Tara's birthday, we ate out, but it wasn't anything extravagant. We didn't have a cake because she wasn't in the mood for it. And, judging by the clock in the picture, we weren't out late. These things made me worry that she wasn't enjoying herself on this special day. But right before we went to bed, I asked her if she had a good birthday and she told me she had and that she was happy.

Really, happiness is the best gift I could give her. And, I hope I can always make her as happy as she makes me. Happy Birthday, Tara! I love you!

6 comments:

Jamie Onken said...

I think that is the cutest post I've ever read! Happy Birthday Tara!

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice! I bet she loved it! Jason will probably have around the same experience this wed on my b-day. pregancy is so fun....

chucho said...

Brett, you are such a sweetheart. Really. I will never forget the face that Tara made when you shook the milk. Ah, little Tara. Such a precious gem.
I feel you on you early gift buying thing. When I go to Brasil, as I unpack I give out Christmas presents. As soon as I get done, the presents are returned to me to be wrapped and placed under the tree. This has been happening since I was pretty little, my whole fam is pretty weird like that. We just can't keep surprises to ourselves.
And on a side note, even though Tara doesn't like chicken, I made some darn good chicken the other night. I was kind of jealous when you mentioned Tara was all kitchen savvy and I had nothing to brag about, so I though, ah hell, I am going to work on my kitch skills. I even touched the raw, salmonella-infested chicken! WOAH. I made faces and stuff, but did not barf. 10 points for me!
I'm going to miss you two while I'm gone. I hope I find something cute for the Gwen while I'm down there. She needs some Brazilian spice.
love you guys!!!!

Anna said...

Ah jeez, that's good stuff Brett. You guys are both really good at making one another happy. It's quite apparent in how you treat each other.

Emily said...

I love this post. Hang on to him Tara, he is a keeper. Happy Birthday.

Ann said...

Sweet...nice post, Brett. Have a happy one, Tara.