Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh Blessed Day


Today we blessed Gwen. And the turn out was amazing! She's one popular kid! Here I was thinking the circle would be relatively small, until Brett reminded me that he has a whole gaggle of family that live around here. When they asked Brett to come forward with little G, I think about 12 men followed him up there. Brett gave a great blessing, blessing Gwen with a few things twice! He wanted to make sure the Lord really heard him with those particular issues.

After the blessing we all headed up to my brother's house for some lunch. I was a little stressed trying to get everything together, so I completely forgot to take pictures, until everyone was gone. But we had a great time visiting with everyone and we are so grateful that everyone came to share this special day with us and our beautiful daughter. Thanks to everyone for traveling so far and being so kind. We are very blessed to have such loving family and friends.

I did get quite a few pictures of Gwenyth in her dress, which by the way was the one I was blessed in 29 years ago!


Evan really got dressed up for the occassion




Cute family photo....

And then she pooped... loudly, notice the consentration face

When we got home we went to take a bath to relax, Stells came running in the bathroom and jumped right in to Gwen's moses basket, then acted like G was in her way. It was hilarious.

9 comments:

FLYING SQUIRREL said...

ha! She is such a cutie! I love the concentration face! I know it very well. I wish we could have been there. Sorry we missed ya! I am glad to hear everything went great. It's cool that Brett blessed her with a few things twice, at least he wasn't like me and totally forget what to say right when I started. Good work!

The Youngs said...

I meant you ask you when you were blessing her because I was thinking about coming. Oh Well. Gwen looks so cute in her little outfit, you look great too.

Emily said...

It was such a great day! Thank you for letting us be there with you. Your little family is so cute!

Amber Smith Reade said...

such a cute baby!! glad you're back to work... :) not sure if you are or not. But, I do love your shoes in the first pic!!

Nicole said...

she's a doll!!! how fun that she was blessed in your dress! k, i did that too...with noemi. the plan is to make something similar to (or with scrap fabric from) my wedding dress for maddie when she gets here...SO FUN! love the loudness...it happens every once in a while. ;) noemi surprised us when she was a day old and did the same thing in my sister's arms! so funny!! love it!

Anna said...

Tara - your shoes are hot. Gwen is adorable as usual. I love that picture of Stella in the basket.

chucho said...

i am in love with the basket picture. no surprise there!

Alley said...

Wish I could have stayed to visit. I'm glad I was there. Brett did a great job.

Megan Zurcher said...

I'm so glad that the blessing went well. Sharon told me you made my mom's coconut cake. Did it turn out okay? I love that cake. I think it's so good.