Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Whacked out mommy dreams


I've recently been having some crazy dreams. I thought the crazy dreams were just a pregnancy thing, but they have continued. I have the same dream almost every night. I dream that I am feeding the baby then I lay her down on my lap and fall asleep. Doesn't sound too crazy, right? Well then I wake up from the dream and panic that I have lost Gwen! I can't find her anywhere, I look under the covers and on the floor, I think the first time I had the dream I even looked in the closet. I'm awake when I am panicking, and yelling at Brett to find the baby! Then he starts to panic too. This morning I woke up and started looking around for Gwen and Brett had to tell me over and over that she wasn't on my lap, she was in her crib. Terrifying.

The best dream I had was dreaming about Gwen's first words. She was the size she is now and started talking. Want to guess what her first words were? "Oh my gosh," said in the smallest little baby voice ever. It was adorable! But in my dream, I was mortified that my baby's first words were "Oh my gosh." I didn't think that I even said that phrase enough for her to pick it up. Brett is jealous of this dream and hopes that he will have the same dream some day. Maybe if we talk about it enough he will have a similar one.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I used to have the exact same dreams when Hailey was a few months old!! Very scary!

bladesfam said...

I used to dream that I couldn't find my kids. Then after Dalon was born I kept having a nightmare that Lucas would fall from something and I wouldn't be able to catch him because I was holding Dalon, then Dalon started falling. I frequently wake up "catching' things!! I love to say it goes away but I think it might just be a mommy thing forever! eeh! Good Luck!!

chucho said...

her first words are going to be "flavia is totally radical". get over it, tara. oooor, "the marc jacobs 2009 cruise collection is a lot better than the miu miu one from last year." you can pick. just kidding, she can pick.