Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Firsts

Gwen took her first, unassisted steps tonight! Side steps, but still, STEPS! She's growing up so fast, it's so fun.

In other news, my first half marathon. I was training to run my first half in Carlsbad, CA on the 24 of this month. But then I injured my foot, my trainer was worried it was plantar fasciitis. So I took 3 weeks off (the most crucial 3 weeks) and iced it and took lots of ibuprofen, and the pain went away! So back to running I go.

However, last week I was offered the opportunity to go to Germany for a trade show at just about the same time as the race. So... I'm off to Germany! And training for the SLC half in April instead. Since opportunities for a free trip to Europe don't come around that often, we decided to splurge and pay for Brett to come with me! So he'll meet me there around the end of the trade show and then we are off to the Czech Republic... where he served his mission. We're so excited! G-dub will be staying with my friend, that is also her daily babysitter. I'm terribly nervous, since I have to travel to Germany all by myself, but I think it will be a great experience, and I'll only be alone for a few days before Brett gets there.

And lastly, Gwen's FIRST birthday is just around the corner! We're so excited to celebrate, we've just got to get on the ball and organize the celebration.

4 comments:

jennaloha said...

Germany! How exciting- you guys will have a blast. You'll have to show us a video of G walking baby steps, I want to see.

hillary barney said...

I can't believe it...first steps. She is growing up so fast! Hooray! You decided to go to Germany and Brett is meeting you. You will have a great time. What a great opportunity.

Anna said...

Side steps, yay!

Germany, yay! Czech Republic, yay! I am so completely excited for you guys. Tara, you will love, love, love the CR. Let me know if you guys want to know the website for the pension we stayed at in Prague.

Alyssa said...

Sounds like fun stuff! walking already!?! I bet you guys will enjoy your time away once you get going...although, I guess it will be incredibly COLD--but, beautiful I am sure.