Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Look at banner Gwen


We made this cute little banner for her.


We also found this cute little dress that had a tulle skirt and a cupcake on the front of it.





Gwen is ONE! I can't believe that it's been a year since we had her. She is such a blessing and joy to have in our lives. Every week I get an email update from Babycenter.com titled "My Baby This Week." Well today's email was "My TODDLER This Week"!!!! WHAT? My little baby is now a toddler?!

To celebrate we had a little party for her. We invited our family and had a great time! I just wish we had a bigger house so everyone could sit and talk and enjoy themselves more comfortably. Maybe for her next birthday.... maybe.

Brett and I were up late the night before preparing for it and started early the morning of the party. It was a lot of work but it was a lot fun and totally worth all the work!

She is so grown up. Things she likes to do at age 1 are:

Walking! She has taken a few steps for the last few weeks, but just today she started walking around like it was no big deal. She still seems to like crawling better, but I'm guessing that will change while I'm in Europe for the next few weeks.

Talking. She loves to jibber jabber. Nothing makes any sense yet, but it sure is fun to listen to.

Scream, squeal and laugh. She is always laughing and smiling and making everyone happy.

Crawling up AND down the stairs. As I dropped her off at the babysitter's house this morning, she climbed up the stairs, no big deal. Well then she turned over to her tummy and slid DOWN the stairs!! As I'm freaking out about my genius baby, my friend was wondering why, because she has been doing that for a while now. Well she wasn't sliding down the stairs at home! So it was sooo exciting to see her do that.

Growing teeth. Number 5, her first tooth on the top, came in the other day!


She didn't really dig into her cake, she mostly patted the outside of it and got some of the frosting on her face and a little in her mouth.


She was SO excited about this baby doll!


Thanks everyone for all of the gifts! We had a great time and were so happy you could all make it.

**** If anyone can tell me why we titled this post what we did, you get a special gold star! ****

4 comments:

Reddeye said...

Best post title. Ever. "See banner Michael!"

hillary barney said...

She is so adorable!!! Loving the curls in her hair. I can't believe she is already one! Tara you are looking awesome too!

Lindsey said...

Looks like a lot of work, but fun! Gwen is so cute too, she looks so much like you, Tara.

Nicole said...

congrats!!! :) she's a doll! ...and I think she's pretty smart...ESPECIALLY if she's been sliding down the stairs on her tummy FOR A WHILE. ;)