Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Christmas Challenge



I love blogs. I love to read them and see where other people's links lead me. The other day I was reading one of my favorites, Sister Skinny, and she mentioned that one of her readers had posted a Christmas Challenge to lose weight (as much as you want) by Christmas. I decided to join in. The 2 bloggers in charge of the Challenge are taking it seriously, they've posted every one's names, websites and goals on their blogs and are expecting to update the participants weight every week. Every time I've thought about eating a cookie or some other form of crap this weekend, I thought of them. Carolyn and Randi will be posting my weight on their blogs, for everyone to see, if I'm the only fatso that doesn't lose weight, I will be so embarrassed, so I'm in for real. My goal is 14 pounds. I have 91 days. Let's see what happens.

http://canadiancarolyn.blogspot.com/
http://thenextthingtotry.blogspot.com/

I went to the orthopedic doctor last night to see why my knee hurt so bad when I would run or do anything really. And I found out that I have IT Band Syndrome. The IT band in my right knee is so tight that it rubs against my femur and causes huge amounts of pain. Most people wouldn't think this is good news, but I do cause I can fix it! I can keep running! He said this is a very common runners problem. The doc gave me stretches and anti-inflammatory pills to take. In 2 weeks, if it isn't better I have to go to physical therapy. So there's another reason to work out. I have to call the doctor in 2 weeks and let him know if it still hurts. It only hurts when I work out, so I have to work out and see if the things he suggested help. Ah, having someone to report to really does help, who knew!

4 comments:

Randi said...

Yay! I love reading about this challenge on other people's blogs (you should have seen how excited I am when I saw it on Sister Skinny!) That sucks about your knee but you're right, at least you can fix it! I'm all for the exercise but make sure you don't hurt yourself worse!

Tara Shirley said...

Yeah, I'm really glad I can fix it, but the more I read about it, the more discouraged I get cause it can last for years! It sucks!

Cory said...

Glad you're in the challenge with the rest of us! I love to find new bloggers.

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad you joined the challenge! Me and Randi are so glad to have you!

I had a knee injury last year that kept me from running and it really frustrated me but now I have no problems at all with it so hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel!