Friday, September 28, 2007

Week 1- Christmas Challenge Weigh In


Down .8! Pretty good, given I only worked out once because of my knee. Speaking of my knee, I can do the eliptical, as long as I don't put much resistance on it and zero incline, but I CANNOT run! I was trying to run for 5 minutes (I read somewhere that to get back to running after this injury, you should run 5 minutes every other day and then increase it by 5 minutes every week). Yeah, I got to 2 minutes and had to stop cause the pain started right up! Yeah for me! I just wish I didn't hate the elliptical so much.

5 comments:

Cory said...

Good job! That's a nice loss. Hope you're knee gets to feeling better!

katieo said...

Yay for .8!!

Do you do the ellipitical at a gym or at home? Have you considered spinning? I have absolutely no idea what the IT Band problems entail, but it seems like spinning (if you go to a gym) might be good because a)it's low(er) impact on the knees, and
b)it's a kick butt cardio workout.

Just a thought though, hard to do if you don't belong to a gym! (I hate the elliptical too! Although when I absolutely HAVE to use the thing, I try to do interval training. Shorter time but still effective.)
SO GLAD you're doing the Christmas Challenge!! Good luck this Friday! :)

Tara Shirley said...

Thanks Katie!

I have done a spin class, (yeah, I go to a gym)and I really like it, but I'm not supposed to bike with this knee problem. I shouldn't do anything that makes my knee bend to a 45 degree angle or something like that. So I can't even do that! It's so annoying!!

I've started doing the Phit-n-Phat upper body workouts. Love them, just wish I could do some running.

dizzydazey said...

Congrats on the loss! That's awesome!!

I totally hate the elliptical, too, but it really kicks your butt, doesn't it? Kudos to you for using it anyways. (I'm currently using mine as a clothes rack...)

Keep up the good work!

-A fellow Christmas Challenger

Carolyn said...

Congrats on the loss! That is great! Hope the knee is getting better and good luck with the running!

Have a great weekend!