Saturday, September 22, 2007

Up, Up & Away!















Last week at work, I was assigned a job to do about 60 banners and a 16 page event guide for a new festival at Antelope Island called the Balloon Stampede. I begrudgingly took the job, even though I only had a total of 5 days to finish all the necessary pieces, and boy am I glad I did! As a reward for all our help (All my work was free) the people with the Stampede committee gave me two free tickets to ride in a HOT AIR BALLOON! We had to wake up at 5 this morning and drive out to Antelope Island to meet our pilot. Brett and I stumbled into the pilots meeting and heard how iffy the the weather was and that the pilots were to be very observant. Well, if I wasn't scared enough after hearing this story, now I was petrified! But I knew this was a once in a life time opportunity, so I did it. It was AMAZING! The pilot kept trying to scare me more by bouncing up and down in the tiny little basket, but it was fun non the less. At one point we started to drift into an area that we weren't allowed to be in, so he had to bring the balloon down fast and hard. We managed to skid about 6 feet and almost tip over, but even that was fun, even though I was still holding on for dear life. here are some pics of the balloons getting ready to fly, Brett and I inside our balloon, our view from above and the balloon deflating after the ride.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

How fun is that?!?!

You guys look too cute togther!

Randi said...

wow that looks awesome. I'd be a little scared too though!
Welcome to the challenge!