Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The ho in the hot tub


If you haven't been watching The Bachelor this season, this title won't make sense to you, but if you have been watching, you will know that the ho in the hot tub scene is going to be the next Bachelorette. Hopefully she will be a little more discreet next time.

I don't generally watch The Bachelor, but for some reason I got sucked into it this season. It's a stupid show, and the people that go on the show believing they are going to find love in 2 weeks are stupid. But it is for that very reason that I can't get enough of it! This season the Bachelor, Jason, chose a girl and at the end proposed to her, but not before he rejected another girl and then cried like a little baby over the balcony. It was terribly embarrassing.


Then at the "After the Final Rose" episode he changed his mind and broke up with the first girl he chose and asked the OTHER girl for a second chance. All on national television!! WHO DOES THAT?! And who is the loser that would say yes to him after he had already rejected you? Well, Molly is who.


It was all so dramatic and embarrassing and I loved every second of it. An old friend says it best when he said, "Relishing in public humiliation and pain? That is the Tara I know and love!" So am I a bad person for loving it when these stupid shows go wrong? I think not.

3 comments:

The Youngs said...

I must admit I am guilty for watching a bachelor season on more than one occasion for the exact reason you did. There is something so entertaining about people making complete idiots out of themselves.

Laceski said...

I saw clips of the Ho in the Hot Tub on The Soup. I love that he kicked her off the show that very same episode (at least that's what I've heard). Ha!

Unknown said...

Do you think it's sometimes scripted for drama? Like the balcony tears were requested by rating-hungry producers? The wetter and louder the tears the higher the "actor's" pay?

We'll never know.