Monday, March 2, 2009

I applaud Gwen for her ability to sleep through the night as well as she does. All in all, I would say that only a half an hour has been stolen from my regular sleep schedule - Tara, considerably more than that. But, it has been a rough transition getting used to my new sleep habits. After a month, you would think it was improving, but it's only getting worse. Could a small 30 minute adjustment really make it nearly impossible to stay awake through a regular work day? I'm convinced it shouldn't. Why then am I so tired?

The answer to that question came as I was getting ready for work this morning. Gwen talks in her sleep. ...as much as a baby can. Sure she lets out the occasional "coo," but I think she reserves those for her day naps. No, at night she grunts. And not small grunts either. Imagine a tubby plumber trying to worm his way under a kitchen sink--yah, about that loud and about that frequent. Someone told me babies dream about colors. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but I don't think colors are scary enough to grunt at. While other kids are cooing over colors, ours is dreaming about union labor.

Being new parents nervous to baby dangers, her constant growling won't allow me to sleep too deeply. So, not only am I 30 minutes short on my sleep cycles, the rest that I do get isn't even restful. Or, maybe the dog is teaching her things.

3 comments:

Scott Shirley said...

See the joys of parenthood. See Brett sleeping at work. See Tara feed and change, feed and change. See Stella pout. Pout, pout, pout. See Little G. She is pooping, poop, poop, poop. See her smile, see Brett & Tara smile. Love, love, love is all around. And it's all worth it.

Jodi said...

Love it, love it...when do I get to meet her, when are you bringing her in? Carson wants a new girlfriend...

Alyssa said...

Crazy how life changes and how much one tiny little body can do...sounds like ear plugs may be in order!:)