Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Boy or Girl?

Brett and I had our ultrasound this morning. We were right on schedule, until we hit traffic, then we were 25 minutes late for the actual appointment. They were able to still fit us in, which I was so glad for. I only had time for a glass of orange juice for breakfast, and I had heard that oj really makes the baby move and I wanted to see it moving! Once the ultrasound started the tech was telling me it wouldn't stop moving long enough to measure easily. I admitted to the glass of oj and she thanked me for putting my kid on speed. HA! So first she started measuring the head and the belly and checking to make sure it had all its parts (which it does!). Then finally she said, "Well do you want me to tell you the gender if it flashes me?" OF COURSE! So when we made it down to that region, she looked a few times and said, "Well, girls don't tend to have much to show down here." My thoughts, "soooo.... does this mean it's a girl?" Finally she said, "Yup, there's nothing dangling down here, it's a girl!" So there you go folks, Brett and I are having a baby girl! We are so excited and I am in shock. I just didn't think I would have a girl first. With all the boys in both our families I thought for sure we would be having a boy. But I can't wait to meet our little girl! Now it's time to go shopping!

7 comments:

chucho said...

So one of the girls that trained me today is having her baby soon and she is naming it Ruby. I thought that was cute. Easy to yell. "RUBY, GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!" Cute!

Megan Zurcher said...

It will be way more fun shopping for a girl anyways. I guess that could be a good or bad thing. See you tomorrow!

chucho said...

how would you know im cool? it's not like we hang out more than once every 6 months.

Liz D said...

YAY!!! I'm so thrilled for you!

Find me a bed that you like and I'll do my best to get it for you!

JAZZMAN said...

Congratu- f-ing -lations!

jennaloha said...

I always knew it was a girl all along. I'm so excited for these two little nieces on their way to our family. Holland will love having them to boss around at family reunions...if, in fact, we have family reunions.

Alley said...

Like I said. You can use the name Allison. Allison Shirley has a nice ring to it. Girls are great!