Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Baby Update #2

I went for another non-stress test yesterday. Everything is fine. The baby has a strong heartbeat and I still have a quivering uterus. That's a whole lotta info for some of you, but who cares. But I don't think I've had too many contractions this week, a few, but not a lot.

I keep hearing stories of people that were put on bed rest for weeks and then had to be induced at 41 weeks cause the baby decided not to come on it's own. This, my friends, is my biggest fear! While I want her to cook as long as she needs, so she is super healthy, I don't know how long I can stand this! Hopefully she will join us in this world in the next 2 weeks, but we will just have to wait and see...

5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh yeah - that totally happened to my friend who was on bedrest for 16 weeks. Once her time was up, her baby didn't come for at least another few weeks.

The Youngs said...

Tara no matter how bored you are really enjoy your time. I love having my little one here but trying to balance taking care of a newborn, the recovery pain and the emotions that come with hormones is very overwhelming. I am glad to here that everything is still okay.

chucho said...

i miss you, t!
our dogs are da bomb.
i will call you soon!

Meggie said...

Hey Tara:

I'm glad to hear that everything is doing well. We are praying for you and the baby. We can't wait to see her!

Emily said...

I am glad you are doing well. I know it is boring just waiting. I hope that you two continue to do well. Keep us posted. Also, has there been talk yet on a shower for you? I want to come!!!