Thursday, January 8, 2009

THE CRIB, THE CRIB

The crib my brother and sister-in-law bought us finally arrived, after a lot of drama with the shipping. It is beautiful and so exciting to have it all put together. We just absolutely love it! We got it this afternoon and Brett put it together tonight.


Now we are just waiting for the dresser that my awesome friends and co-workers bought us. They surprised me on Monday, my first day back at work, with an impromptu baby shower. They were sneaky and talked to Brett to find out what we needed. They settled on the matching dresser for our crib! I can't wait to have the room all put together.


Speaking of impromptu baby showers, my CMYK girls and I went to dinner the other night and it turned out to be a mini shower. They are so sweet and bought me and the baby all kinds of stuff.

Everyone has been so kind and generous. I'm so grateful for all of you!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, I am so stinking jealous. That is a beautiful crib! And I really like the bedding too. This is so exciting for you! I can't wait to see her! (I bet you feel the same way!)

chucho said...

I AM SO EXCITED. YOU LOOK SO CUTE, LOOK AT THAT SMILE! i miss you, T.
even if Gwen weighs 11lbs, the doctors can fix you right after...don't worry. and i'll be there to entertain you the whole time (after you give birth, because for some reason you don't think i qualify to be in the delivery room. since when does delivering puppies and calfs and piglets not count as actually delivering something?!).

Nicole said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! isn't it so fun getting ready for them to get here? LOVE IT! (as long as I don't get overwhelmed...which is too easy for me! ;P )
Anyway, congrats! looks great! :)

Nicole said...

i'm glad you found me! :) we don't know what we are having yet...we are going for another ultrasound on wed. you can bet your bippy there'll be a post once we do! :)
anyway, pregnancy is pregnancy...and I complain PLENNY! (just ask my husband.) i probably complained most with my first just cuz it was all new to me...i remember wondering when my body would be mine again! oh, the joys of motherhood! k, that really isn't one of them, but it's crushed in the weight of the real joys. :)
glad to hear from you again!
besos!

Alley said...

I LOVE the color of the crib.

Liz D said...

I'm so happy you got it BEFORE Gwen was born!!!

Alyssa said...

The crib looks so pretty! I am glad you are having time to get ready. The showers are so much fun!:)