Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Who's Your Daddy!!!

This whole pregnancy process has taught me something about myself. I've come to the realization that I'm psychic. Don't think I can use my ability to help you, because the spirits that talk to me are liars!! I can't accurately predict anything. In the past 6 weeks, you'll need more than 2 hands to count the days I was completely convinced that we were going to have her. And, these premonitions are pretty specific, too--down to the minute...except, it's wrong. Turns out, I should have just listened to the doctor instead.

We were told to come to the hospital at 7:40 in the morning on the 27th. They broke the baby's water at 9, and then started the petosin a half an hour later. Everything started out so quickly, we thought for sure, Tara would deliver under 6 hours. The spirits lied.

Tara wasn't dilating as quickly as she should have been, and the baby wasn't dropping. That's when the doc dropped a bomb on us. "Looks like were looking at close to a 9 lb. baby!" She must not have remembered a week ago when she told us she wouldn't be surprised if the baby was under 8. Since no progress was being made, they made the decision to do a C-Section. Some other soul had a scheduled C-Section at 4:30, s0 we had to wait till that one was done. We could wait for that. The skies darkened a little when we got word that a woman was being flown in from Idaho so they could do a blood-transfusion on her baby--which took precedence. We understood the severity of this woman's situation, but were a little annoyed that we weren't going to be the next ones in. We didn't actually get into the OR until 9:45pm.

The baby was out 7 minutes after I got in the room which meant the procedure was underway as I was walking in. Had I been more squeemish, I would have missed everything after that moment. Gwenyth Lynn Shirley was born healthy and with all the appropriate digits and parts. She was 8 pounds even, and measured 20.5 inches. We're pretty excited that she's finally here.

12 comments:

Jenny Weston Photography said...

She is adorable!!! I am so excited that she is finally here. Congrats!

Melissa said...

Yea!!! I hope we get to see her soon. I will be calling in a few days to see when you need dinners. Good luck with everything! We are happy she is here.

Megan Zurcher said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy I could come to the hospital to see little Gwen. She's so cute. Good luck with the recovery Tara. Love you.

Alley said...

I love the pouting face! What I doll. You done good.

jennaloha said...

It was so fun to see her on the webcam this morning! I love her big frown. I bet if you took a picture of Tara after the C-section she would have had the same expression.

Congrats you guys!

Anna said...

Oh man, what an adorable sad face she has! I'm glad you guys made it through...

Emily said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats you guys!

chucho said...

I SAW HER! WA-HA!

Cindy Bean said...

That first picture looks just like Tara when she has to make a pre-made album. So adorable! Congratulations you guys. I can't wait to meet her in person.

BHodges said...

Very good.

The Youngs said...

She is really cute. I am so happy for you guys that she is finally here.

Longshanks said...

Beautiful baby. Let me know if your nurses didn't take good care of you, and I will bring a whoopin down on 'em. Let us know if there is anything at all that you need. Congrats.