Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still pregnant

We had a doctor's appointment today and after a full day of contractions on Sunday we thought for sure there would be some serious progress today. Yeah, we were wrong. The doctor said she would say I was a little further than last week, but not much. So here I am, after worrying we were going to have this baby too soon, worrying about having this baby too late. I know I still have 2 weeks left, but after all the drama we had to go through it would be nice if we could have her sooner rather than later. Not to mention my comfort level could use some relief. The doctor said she might induce us next week if there is enough progress after she sees us on Wednesday, but she can't guarantee anything. Whatever. My guess is she will induce me on my due date or maybe later. Whatever. That describes my attitude right now... whatever.

10 comments:

chucho said...

GET THAT BABY OUTTA THERE!!!! I WANT TO SEE IT!!!! NO MORE OF THIS WAITING THING, GET.HER.OUT!

The Youngs said...

I know how you feel I would have hours of contractions then go to the doctor with very little progress. I hate to tell you this though you trade being uncomfortable for the pain of recovery and extreme exhaustion. But you will think it is all worth it trust me.

jennaloha said...

I think that's the most frustrating part: having little or no control on when it will ever ever end! But it will. I promise. Babies do come out eventually.

Ann said...

Come on, baby. Help your momma and get out of there. I bet this has been the longest month of your life.

Melissa said...

So sorry! My doctor told me that he never had a pregnant patient that he could not cure with a little bit of time. Does that help? I am sure not, but...

Liz D said...

I guess Gwen likes it in there.

Unknown said...

I'm thinking about you ...pls e-mail me when your special baby comes. Love, Scarlette
sweetsloan@gmail.com

Emily said...

I will keep praying for you! Hang in there.

Alyssa said...

I feel for you! It is no fun to have to worry on both sides of it. Whatever is the best attitude you can possibly have at the moment...be good to yourself and enjoy your Brett time:)--(in all of your complete discomfort) that's it...I am hoping for some serious progress for you guys this week!

Jodi said...

Oh the waiting...I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Carson needs a little work friend.