Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yet another and possibly the last, baby update

Brett and I just got home from the doctor, for our regular weekly check up. Lots of people have asked why we haven't updated the blog... because nothing had changed! But there has finally been some progress! The doctor said I was on the verge of going into labor. But she still schedule me to be induced on Tuesday, the 27th. I don't think I will go into labor without the doctor's help, so I'm just planning on Tuesday. I'm nervous and excited and terrified of the recovery.

Oh, and other good news, the doctor doesn't think she will be 9 pounds, she is guessing the high 7's, and I am holding onto that hope with all my strength!!!!! Don't anyone burst my bubble by telling me the doctor's can't really tell that. I want to believe that our little girl will be LITTLE and maybe not hurt me so bad!

6 comments:

The Youngs said...

Don't be nervous as long as you get an epidural you can't feel a thing

Jamie Onken said...

Good luck! I'm excited for you.

Emily said...

Good Luck. You will find that now matter what happens, once they place her in your arms, all you can think about is how beautiful she is and how you never knew life without her. I will be thinking of you! And you need to post pictures as soon as you can!

chucho said...

i can't wait!!! you'll be fine. ammon's mom had all her kids without drugs, and so did one of my best friend's wife. i know it's not like inducing, but if it was that bad, no one would have babies. plus, what's a few hours of pain when you get G as a gift after? i get nothin' after suffering through days of kidney stones...

Alyssa said...

The doctor can totally tell how big she'll be. I am excited that you have a date to look forward to!!! He she comes... :)

Nicole said...

yeah!!! you're baby will be here soon!!!
don't worry. the doctor usually has a pretty good idea about the weight.
2 of ours were induced. it can be pretty rough until the epidural kicks in, but after that it's nap-time tip the baby comes. actually with our last i told the nurse that i thought i felt a little pressure and when she checked me she called the dr. no sweat!
if you want more details feel free to call me or send me an email! :) mnmfuentes@hotmail.com
hey-don't worry! it's just wasted energy! you and your baby are going to do great! :) i'm so excited for you!!